Looking for a smarter way to redact documents in Relativity?
Blackout is a redaction tool for Relativity that automatically redacts and highlights documents based on criteria you specify. Blackout streamlines your redaction workflow while reducing time, costs, and room for error in your review.
Human error can be costly
Humans are notoriously error-prone, and mistakes can have dire consequences when you’re dealing with sensitive info like PII, PHI, and intellectual property. Blackout reduces the margin of error by letting you carefully configure rules for redacting words, phrases, and patterns. Blackout also emphasizes a thorough QC process by building it directly into the review workflow.
More data, more regulations, more redaction
With the growing amount of ESI and increasing regulations surrounding things like HIPAA and PII, the cost of manual redaction is becoming unsustainable. Forward-thinking law firms and service providers use Blackout to stay ahead of the rising wave of case data, making review workflows more efficient without sacrificing accuracy.
Manual redaction takes time you don’t have
Cases often require quick turnarounds for reviewing and producing relevant documents. To meet deadlines, the solution is usually to bring in more attorneys, but that just hikes up costs. Blackout automates redaction so that you can meet case deadlines without incurring excessive costs and save your reviewers’ time for QC.
- Easily configure Blackout “rules,” – words, phrases, or pattern-matching regular expressions you want to redact or highlight – and apply markups across an entire saved search
- Import an entire list of rules at once using the Blackout CSV Import Template
- Select from all Relativity redaction types – black, cross, text, white, or inverse
- Apply highlights to words, phrases, and patterns as easily as redactions, and choose from a variety of color highlights
- Specify where exactly the redaction (or highlight) is applied – i.e., the word, line, full document, etc. – by setting the scope of the markup, or choose to redact only part of a word, phrase, or pattern
- Quality check Blackout’s markups to approve, reject, or manually override them
- Review redactions and highlights within the Relativity document viewer without interrupting the review workflow
- Apply redactions to the same area on similar forms or layouts – patient forms, for example – by creating a redaction template
- Resolve mismatches or issues with OCR that Blackout brings to your attention from right within the review layout, or use fuzzy matching to set a fuzziness level on word/phrase rules that might be prone to OCR errors
- View progress of current redaction review and export CSV Redaction Logs to provide to court or opposing counsel
- Stop, start, and re-run automated redaction jobs, or delete all redactions applied to a document set by Blackout
- Mark up documents in various languages with Blackout’s multi-language support
Contact Milyli if you would like Blackout on an older version of Relativity
The Milyli team has been involved with the Relativity Developer Partner program since its inception, not to mention the work we’ve done both with and at kCura (see: Relativity Bridge,…