Blackout is the easiest, most comprehensive way to redact information in Relativity.
Blackout automatically redacts and marks up both native Excel content and image files based on criteria specified by you or your review team. It streamlines workflows, reduces review time, lowers costs, and improves the quality of reviews with its advanced technology and seamless integration into the Relativity platform.
Human error can be costly
Humans are notoriously error-prone, and mistakes can have dire consequences when you’re dealing with sensitive info like PII, PHI, and intellectual property. Blackout reduces the margin of error by letting you carefully configure rules for redacting words, phrases, and patterns. Blackout also emphasizes a thorough QC process by building it directly into the review workflow.
More data, more regulations, more redaction
Cases often require quick turnarounds for reviewing and producing relevant documents. To meet deadlines, the solution is usually to bring in more attorneys, but that just hikes up costs. Blackout automates redaction so that you can meet case deadlines without incurring excessive costs and save your reviewers’ time for QC.
Manual redaction takes time you don’t have
With the growing amount of ESI and increasing regulations surrounding things like HIPAA and PII, the cost of manual redaction is becoming unsustainable, especially in industries that deal with large Excel files. Forward-thinking law firms and service providers use Blackout to stay ahead of the rising wave of case data, making review workflows more efficient without sacrificing accuracy.
- Redact content automatically or manually within the Relativity viewer
- Easily configure redaction or markup rules – or import existing lists of rules via CSV file – based on words, phrases, or pattern-matching expressions
- Use the Blackout Redaction Assistant to quickly access categories of redactable information like headers and footers, charts, objects and more
- Select from a variety of redaction and markup styles and colors
- Adjust markups to apply to only partial words and phrases or based on patterns in the text
- Quality check markups within a workflow with approval, reject, and override functionality
- Create templates that apply redactions to the same areas on similar forms and layouts
- Share the progress of a redaction review by exporting CSV Redaction Logs
- Stop, start, and re-run any automated redaction jobs (or delete all redactions) with one-click
- Mark up documents in select languages with multi-language support
Contact Milyli if you would like Blackout on an older version of Relativity