Looking for a DevOps position? Look no further!
At Milyli we strive to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support by working to understand the challenges they face and solve them. We believe that giving our team a fun, casual work environment will result in the best performance. If you are committed to providing the best customer experience possible, we want to speak with you.
Tell me about the job.
Milyli is hiring a smart, innovative individual that will be responsible for facilitating a culture of automation and reuse across the engineering teams here at Milyli. This will be done through realization of automated environments, frameworks, and utilities that adhere to industry best practices. This role will need to work with the engineering team to determine their needs, to discover and research available options, and prioritize projects according to customer and internal needs. This will require coordinating resources with the IT team, as well as owning the implementation of the resulting solutions and educating the engineering teams both at Milyli and our customers.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- Technical skills in:
- Windows system administrator
- Hyper-V and Docker virtualization
- Technical infrastructure knowledge
- Windows scripting technologies, PowerShell in particular
- C# and other programming languages
- Software development tools, such as Visual Studio and Git
- Azure and other cloud platforms
- Problem solving abilities
- Communication skills
- Requirements gathering experience
- The ability to document processes and train others
- Time management and project organization skills
- The ability to take ownership over decisions
- Pride in their job and the final product delivered
- Desire to learn new skills and the ability to do so quickly and thoroughly
- This is a full-time, salaried position.
- There is minimal travel required for this position.
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we cannot provide relocation assistance.
What will my days be like?
- Gathering requirements from engineering team
- Working with teams to create development, automated build, testing environments, and automated deployment solutions
- Participating in solution design of reusable frameworks
- Creating and implementing health monitoring systems
- Ensuring the security of the development resources
- Writing usable, effective, and maintainable solutions
- Troubleshooting issues and solving problems
- Keeping up with advancements in software development technologies in general and continuous integration solutions in particular
Some activities listed above will require a high degree of coordination with the project teams both in order to hit schedules and integrate components. Most work will not be directly tied to project functionality, but to the infrastructure that facilitates their creation and monitors their health. As such, the position requires an individual that can work with a high degree of self-direction.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Chief Architect. Together, our goal will be to make sure you are working on the most effective initiatives, that you have the resources you need, and that we are able to educate and motivate teams to take advantage of new systems and processes.
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including profit-sharing and semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have earlybirds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting with the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli?
*You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application is read by a member of our team and if it has a cover letter (it can be in the form of an email- we know, it’s 2017), the process will move much quicker. We highly recommend it!
Since a team member reads every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out our website to take a peek inside our office and see some of the Familyli.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 10+ paid holidays and unlimited sick time.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.