Development Team Manager
Milyli needs a Dev Team Manager to add to the growing Custom Services Team!
We strive to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support by working to understand the challenges they face and helping solve them. We believe that giving our team a fun, casual work environment will result in the best work. If you are committed to working at the highest level to provide the best customer experience possible, we want to speak with you.
What will I be doing?
You will be making the best software consultants in the legal services industry even better. You will cultivate incredible conditions for them to work in. You will facilitate the selection and adoption of best practices, tools, and processes. Solve the teams’ non-technical problems so they can focus on the technical ones. Create opportunities for our engineers to continue learning and improve their skills. Shout out their successes and encourage them through their setbacks. Keep the teams focused and support them in the quest to craft the best software possible for our customers. Keep an eye out for the toughest technical problems your teams are facing and make sure they have the resources and experience to take them on.
What do you expect from me?
You must be able to listen and learn from everyone around you in order to solve their problems the best way possible. Keep your teams on task and excited about their work. Organize events that promote communication and camaraderie. Curate knowledge so that our engineers are always up to date on technology, best practices and the tools used to write excellent software. Find out what your team members goals are, identify a path, and procure the resources needed to succeed. Learn about the technologies and processes that your team uses and keep abreast of their challenges to better help them thrive. If your team can’t solve a problem, help them solve it if you can, and find someone else to help when you can’t.
What types of skills will help me in this role?
- Familiarity with software development processes and tools
- Ability to motivate a smart, hard-working team
- A passion for making customers successful
- An outgoing, patient and friendly personality
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack and .NET tools in particular
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and oral) for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion, desire and ability for teaching technology to a technical and non-technical audience
- Problem solving abilities
- Organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- There is minimal travel required for this position.
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we do not currently provide relocation assistance.
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have earlybirds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting at the beginning of the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli?
You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application that includes a cover letter will be read first, which helps move the process along quicker! Since we meticulously read every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out the rest of our website.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 10+ paid holidays and unlimited sick time.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.