Director of Sales
Milyli is looking for an experienced Sales Director to join our growing sales team!
We strive to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support by working to understand the challenges they face and helping solve them. We believe that giving our team a fun, casual work environment will result in the best work. If you are committed to working at the highest level to provide the best customer experience possible, we want to speak with you.
Tell me about the job.
The Director of Sales will report directly to the CEO and is ultimately responsible for seeing that the sales team meets monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals. This role leads all aspects of our B2B product & services sales including strategy development, goal setting, execution, personnel acquisition, development and management. By understanding the products being offered as well as the customers and the market, this individual will grow, coach, guide, measure and report on the performance of the sales teams.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- The ability to quickly grasp technology concepts and understand the business implications.
- An outgoing personality and strong engagement with multiple roles (IT, Operations, Sales & C-Level).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring other sales reps.
- Advanced meeting and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinking skills who asks why and looks for alternate ways to achieve goals.
- The creativity and flexibility to contribute to a growing company.
- Organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- This is a full-time salary position with performance-based bonuses.
- There is some travel required for this position
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
What will my days be like?
- Oversee a team of four sales reps maintaining a high activity level of strategic calls and emails that lead to meetings with decision makers at target accounts.
- Develop and refine the sales process through continued iteration of the Playbook.
- Help the team meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop and execute the most efficient and effective sales and marketing strategies.
- Develop and implement business performance measurements (KPIs) for the sales team to facilitate upward and lateral reporting.
- Verify the CRM is updated with activities and next steps for all leads and opportunities.
- Update accounts and territory plans consistently with a list of A, B, C and D accounts.
- Grow existing accounts through adoption and cross-selling strategies.
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have earlybirds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting at the beginning of the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli?
You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application that includes a cover letter will be read first, which helps move the process along quicker! Since we meticulously read every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out the rest of our website.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 10+ paid holidays and unlimited sick time.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.