Milyli needs an IT Manager to join our growing team!
We strive to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support by working to understand the challenges they face and helping solve them. We believe that giving our team a fun, casual work environment will result in the best work. If you are committed to working at the highest level to provide the best customer experience possible, we want to speak with you.
What will I be doing?
You will be managing the best IT support team for the best legal software company around. Hyperbole? I think not. You will need to cultivate outstanding conditions for your team to work in. Guide the selection and adoption of best practices, tools and processes. Create the opportunities our engineers need to continue learning and improve their skills. You will solve the team’s nontechnical problems so they can focus on the technical ones. Help design secure, reliable solutions using modern technology according to current best practices. Show everyone how it’s done the right way.
What do you expect from me?
You must be able to listen and learn from everyone around you in order to solve their problems the best way possible. You must keep up to date on current technologies and best practices. Balance the needs of the company to solve the most pressing issues. Dig into the most complex problems and find solutions that address everyone’s concerns. Be a mentor to the engineers on your team to help them develop skills that will serve them throughout their careers.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- A college degree in the electrical engineering or computer science field.
- 5 to 8 years of experience
- The desire to continue learning, practicing, and improving your craft because we want to work with other people that love technology
- Experience building and maintaining the hardware required to run several virtual servers per physical machine.
- Track record of keeping a Microsoft domain its various server components and networked computers up and running: Domain Controller, Active Directory, Storage Server, virus protection
- Ability to set up, monitor and troubleshoot Microsoft application platforms: SharePoint, SQL Server, ASP.NET applications, …
- Communication skills needed to mentor team members and work with customers.
- The foresight to get ahead on projects instead of reacting to problems.
- This is a full-time salaried position.
- There is minimal travel required for this position.
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we do not currently provide relocation assistance.
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have earlybirds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting at the beginning of the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli?
You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application that includes a cover letter will be read first, which helps move the process along quicker! Since we meticulously read every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out the rest of our website.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 10+ paid holidays and unlimited sick time.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.