Milyli is hiring an outstanding individual to join our growing team.
As an Office Cook, you’ll be helping us provide the best possible workplace for our employees through freshly prepared meals and a high level of hospitality. Our ideal candidate should love cooking, have a great work ethic and time management skills, take initiative, and be friendly. Since you will be in contact with all of our employees and occasionally clients, professionalism is also a must. This a part-time, hourly position.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- Education and experience in catering, food preparation, or hospitality
- An ability to develop a meal plan in advance and order necessary food and supplies for each week’s meals
- Ability to prepare a variety of food, including alternatives for dietary preferences and food sensitivities
- Willingness to work within a budget and to look for ways to manage costs
- Passion for contributing to the overall well-being of those around you
- Hard working, reliable, and self-motivated
- A positive attitude and ability to develop a camaraderie with your fellow employees
- Understand the value of a good, healthy meal, and its effect on employee morale
- Must have ServSafe Certification; Food Protection Manager Certification preferred
What will my days be like?
- You will plan and prepare a family-style lunch for all 48 employees, 5 days a week, which includes menu building, grocery shopping and properly storing food, while operating inside approved budgets
- You will ensure that inventories of snacks and drinks available to our employees are ordered, on hand and replenished as needed
- You will evaluate all current processes on a regular basis to see if there is room for improvement
- You will be expected to keep the kitchens and other common areas clean and tidy, which includes post-lunch cleanup, garbage removal and general tidiness as needed.
- This is a part-time, hourly position
- There is minimal travel required for this position
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive pay, including semi-annual merit-based raises.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting at the beginning of the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli?
You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application that includes a cover letter will be read first, which helps move the process along quicker! Since we meticulously read every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out the rest of our website.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.