Milyli is looking for a Scrum Master to add to our growing team!
As a member of the Milyli product team, your work will have a direct impact on the way our products evolve. This is a highly demanding role that will require fast acquisition of the nuances of ediscovery and the global legal industry.
Tell me about the job
You will be responsible for ensuring that our team members have an environment of openness, respect, and honesty while enabling them to feel comfortable with each other and themselves. This includes fostering a culture of transparency not only across the organization, but within the development team as well.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- 3 yrs+ Scrum Master or equivalent agile software or technical project management
- Capable of managing multiple software releases across multiple teams
- Solid understanding of agile industry best practices
- Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of agile techniques including user stories, continuous integration, test-driven development, and different forms of automated testing
- Ability to identify impediments, including technical ones
- Understanding of the fundamentals of incremental software development
- Understanding of software development process and procedures
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver products and features on time
- Ability to positively influence and communicate about the team’s tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server is a major plus, but not mandatory
- Prior experience with ediscovery and or the legal services industry is a major plus, but not mandatory
- This is a full-time position, salaried position
- There is minimal travel required for this position
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we do not currently provide relocation assistance
How you’ll make an impact immediately
- Organize and facilitate all team scrum meetings including morning scrum, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Help remove impediments and challenges to the teams progress and assist in finding the right people within in the organization to do so
- Promote a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged
- Assist with improving organization-wide communication and transparency
- Work with our product owner to groom and maintain the product backlog
- Collaborate with our product owner and stakeholders to gather project requirements
- Help aid in the introduction and growth of a second scrum team
- Empower the team to be open and honest during retrospectives
- Use information gathered during scrum meetings to promote, through empirical evidence, improvements to our agile practices
- Coordinate with internal teams to better understand market requirements from prospects and existing clients
- Ensure team members feel that they have a voice and can solve problems creatively by promoting a culture of innovation
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including profit-sharing and semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have earlybirds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting at the beginning of the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli?
You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application that includes a cover letter will be read first, which helps move the process along quicker! Since we meticulously read every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out the rest of our website.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 10+ paid holidays and unlimited sick time.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.