Milyli is looking for an experienced Software Architect to join our development team!
We strive to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support by working to understand the challenges they face and helping solve them. We believe that giving our team a fun, casual work environment will result in the best work. If you are committed to working at the highest level to provide the best customer experience possible, we want to speak with you.
Tell me about the job.
We need a seasoned, battle-hungry developer who can not only lead a team to get the job done, but also design elegant, maintainable solutions. If you hold your teams and your code to the highest standards, we want to hear from you.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 7+ years of experience with the Microsoft technology stack, from the database to the web
- High levels of proficiency in the following technologies and principles:
- Microsoft .NET: C#, ASP.NET MVC
- HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery, Knockout, Bootstrap
- SQL Server
- Source control: Subversion, Mercurial
- Continuous integration: Cruise Control .NET, MSBuild
- Object-oriented design and programming concepts: SOLID principles, Inversions of Control and Dependency Injection, Unity, MEF, Structure Map
- Test-driven development
- Proven ability to lead and mentor teams
- A sixth sense for what a good estimate looks like and when a task might exceed it
- Superior communication skills
- A genuine love of writing code, reading about technology, and learning new things
What will my days be like?
- Finding creative ways to turn requirements into solutions
- Breaking down functionality into components for the devs
- Providing reliable estimates and regular updates to the Project Manager
- Working with BA and QA teams to make sure requirements are solid and that solutions address the business challenges and are testable
- Leading and collaborating with the development team to deliver high-quality software
- Seeking out and proofing new technologies and techniques to shape best practices
- Instructing and guiding developers, performing code reviews, and participating in developer forums and coding events
- Writing code you are proud of and helping your teammates do the same
- This is a full-time salaried position
- There is minimal travel required for this position
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we do not currently provide relocation assistance
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including profit-sharing and semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have earlybirds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting at the beginning of the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli?
You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application that includes a cover letter will be read first, which helps move the process along quicker! Since we meticulously read every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out the rest of our website.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 10+ paid holidays and unlimited sick time.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.