Milyli is looking for a Software Developer to add to our growing team!
At Milyli we strive to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support by working to understand the challenges they face and help solve them. We believe that giving our team a fun, casual work environment will result in the best performance. If you are committed to provide the best customer experience possible, we want to speak with you.
Tell me about the job
Milyli is hiring a smart, passionate, and hardworking individual to join our development team and help build our latest software products and solutions. In this role, you will work alongside other developers, QA engineers, UX designers, and project managers to solve real-world business challenges. We’re looking for someone who takes pride in and ownership of their work, and who has the desire to continue learning and improving their craft.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- A degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Up to 3 years’ experience developing software with the following technologies
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- ASP.NET MVC
- CSS and frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Web services, including WCF and Web API
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Express
- Source control, including Git and Subversion
- Continuous integration
- Test-driven development
- Object-oriented design
- A genuine love of writing code, reading about technology, and learning new things
What will my days be like?
- Participating in solution design
- Writing usable, effective, and maintainable code
- Creating automated tests to help ensure code functionality
- Troubleshooting issues and solving problems
- This is a full-time salary position
- There is minimal travel required for this position
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we do not currently provide relocation assistance
What is “Make It Like You Like It”?
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including profit-sharing and semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have earlybirds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
How do I apply?
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting with the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli? Include your resume as well and send both documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application is read by a member of our team and if it has a cover letter (it can be in the form of an email- we know, it’s 2017), the process will move much quicker. We highly recommend it!
Since a team member reads every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out our website take a peek inside our office and see some of the Familyli.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 9 paid holidays and sick time as needed.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.