Technical Project Manager
Milyli is looking for a talented individual to fill a role managing software consulting projects. The Technical Project Manager bridges the gap between the client and the rest of our technology team by understanding both the business challenges and system requirements, as well as the technology to put a solution in place for our clients. You must take ownership of projects and client relationships from proposal through delivery and make sure the client and Milyli both have a happy and successful engagement. The right candidate is the captain of their team, exhibiting leadership qualities and bringing a sense of focus to everyone involved.
At Milyli we strive to provide our clients with the highest level of service and support by working to understand the challenges they face and help solve them. We believe that giving our team a fun, casual work environment will result in the best performance. If you are committed to providing the best customer experience possible, we want to speak with you.
What kind of people are you looking for? Someone with…
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or similar
- 2+ years of experience managing the software development life cycle
- The passion for continuing learning and growing in your role
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Sense of responsibility and ownership of your projects and team
- Self-starting, with the ability to manage your and your team’s time
- Can build, direct and motivate a team
- Experience working with Microsoft development technologies
- Ability to design solutions and understand how to piece together existing components and custom code to achieve those designs
- Familiarity with Project Management tools for tracking and reporting on project, task and resource status
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
*None are required but the more you have the better
What your days will be like:
- Work with Architects to lead project team in defining and estimating features and tasks
- Build project plans and statements of work based on requirements gathered from the client
- Track the project status and report to client and internal management
- Manage tasks, milestones, and goals while providing leadership for the team
- Understand resource capabilities and ensure standards and best practices are followed
- Deliver projects on time and on budget
- Contribute to improvement of internal tools and processes
- Ensure customer satisfaction throughout the duration of the project
- This is a full-time position, salaried position
- There is minimal travel required for this position.
- You must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- While we consider candidates from around the world, we do not currently provide relocation assistance
How do you make your employees happy? We’re glad you asked!
- Competitive salary, including profit-sharing and semi-annual merit-based raises. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance. You’ll get excellent coverage with some of the best providers in the state.
- Casual dress and flexible hours. Come in a hoodie and jeans if you want. We have early birds in at 7am and the sleepyheads in by 10am. As long as you’re here for a full work day, we won’t ask you to punch a clock.
- Innovative work environment. We provide powerful workstations for all employees to encourage creative thinking and collaboration.
- Did we mention we have a cook? And free food? Every day, our creative cook whips us up lunch so we can all sit down and have a meal together. We also have a stocked kitchen full of snacks, breakfast food, and drinks…coffee anyone?
- Bike? Train? Easy transportation options. We’re close to both the Morgan St and the Grand Ave Blue Line stops and your commuting costs are deducted from your paycheck, tax-free.
Oh wait, there’s more…
- We know everyone needs a break. We’ll give you 15 paid days off, not including the 9 paid holidays and sick time as needed.
- Ever think “My pal John would be perfect for this role.”? Tell us about him! For bringing us great talent, we’ll give you a big check, what’s there to lose?
- Stuff happens, so we provide disability insurance and life insurance to ensure you and your loved ones are looked after.
- We like hanging out with each other. We provide regular happy hours and quarterly events and outings to make sure there’s plenty of bonding time.
- We provide support for employee initiatives. Thinking of getting a new certification? Taking a class to improve your skills? We encourage this and will cover the costs.
Make It Like You Like It
That’s what Milyli stands for and that’s what we can offer you – the chance to make your workday like you like it. We are smart, passionate people who want to work with other smart, passionate people, so we provide you with the tools, support, and flexibility you need to succeed, as well as plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind.
Learn more about what it’s like to work with us at milyli.com/join-the-team.
How to apply
Send us a cover letter that tells us why you think you’d be great for the role. Highlight how your past experience ties into the current position requirements. Cover letters should give us a taste of your personality; we really want to get to know you starting with the application process. Don’t be shy, tell us about yourself! What do you love doing and why you want to do it at Milyli? Include your resume as well and send both documents to email@example.com.
*You’re thinking “I don’t really need a cover letter, do I?” Actually, each application is read by a member of our team and if it has a cover letter (it can be in the form of an email- we know, it’s 2017), the process will move much quicker. We highly recommend it!
Since a team member reads every application, this process does take a bit of time but we will always get back to you. While you’re waiting, check out our website to take a peek inside our office and see some of the Familyli.
Thank you for your interest in Milyli!